Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Corndog muffins and rainbow pancakes

So I originally saw the idea for corndog muffins here So I used one box and four hot dogs for 12 muffins. I cut the hot dog into thirds, stuck one piece in each muffin tin, then poured cornbread mix over it. If you want the hotdogs not to be partially covered (which would be prettier), then go ahead and put the hot dogs in AFTER you pour the mix into the muffin tins. Or if you want it to look more like the picture in the original link, you can either cut the hot dog into fourths or use two boxes of mix. Personally, I liked the proportion of hot dog to corn bread, so I'll make it the same way next time :) Here's how they turned out. (1 box of Jiffy mix + 1/3 cup of milk + 1 egg, baked for 15 min)



I made the corndog muffins yesterday, then today we had rainbow pancakes. These were so easy! I mixed instant pancake mix in a big bowl, then divided it into six containers. I used food coloring to make the mix pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple, each in their own containers. Then I drizzled each color into a frying pan (over medium heat) to make rainbow pancakes!



Cut up for the Aubster



I forgot to get pictures of her actually eating it-- my bad. But the colors were definitely a hit :) She kept grinning when she was eating them. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment