Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Glitter calming jars

So I'm going to be writing a bunch of posts in quick succession to catch up to where we are now. Just going over a handful of the things that we've done-- I didn't take photos of all of our activities, so it'll just have to be what we have readily available.

This one is about glitter jars! We made a couple of them using these wonderful instructions: http://recycledawblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-to-make-calming-jar.html

For this one, I used blue food coloring with silver glitter:


with decorations...


then I made a more durable plastic one with purple coloring and gold glitter. I didn't take pictures of it, but I did learn a valuable lesson-- mix the hot water with everything in a glass jar, let it cool a bit, and THEN pour it into your plastic container. Else your plastic container can melt and end up looking like Quasimo-tainer.

Lots of fun and my daughter loves it :) It'll be fabulous for when she's a bit older and needs to have a few quiet moments to calm down after a tantrum before we talk things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment